Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Neither Left Nor Right by Doug Carkuff

I am regularly accused by the red meat conservatives of being "liberal" because I am 1) not in favor of any of the wars we have going on 2) NOT a believer that "we suck less" is a successful campaign strategy re: the domestic economy 3) adamantly opposed to the erosion of civil liberties that go on under Republican administrations and 4) while in sympathy with almost all of the religious right's social goals, I am implacably opposed to using federal power to achieve them.

On the other hand, my leftist friends, if they bother to read this, are giggling at the thought of ANYONE considering me a "liberal" because I despise so much the federal intrusion into any area of freedom.

Therefore, when I ran across this:
Neither Left Nor Right by Doug Carkuff I thought "maybe you will at least begin to understand....."

Then again, maybe not.

No comments: