Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Motivation of My Filming of My TSA Encounter by John Tyner

John Tyner's common sense note:


Every attempt to blow up a plane since 9/11 has been stopped by passengers after the government failed to provide protection for them. Every incident, however, has been met by throwing more money and less sensibility at the problem. Aside from securing the cockpit doors and the realization by passengers that they must fend for themselves because they're more likely to be killed by a hijacker than flown safely to their destination where the hijacker's demands can be met, security is largely the same as it was before 9/11.

The only thing changing is the amount of money being spent on the problem and the constant erosion of liberty, and all I did was draw attention to this. If you want to argue that the airlines are private, you're preaching to the choir. I refused the x-ray machine, and then I refused a groping by a government official. I mildly protested, and when they told me that I could submit to the screening or leave the airport, I left peacefully. The only time I got angry during the entire encounter was when I was unlawfully detained and threatened with a lawsuit and a fine.

If you think the government is protecting you, ask yourself this: If the official at the end of the video thought I had an incendiary device, why would he want me to go back into a small area crowded with hundreds of people instead of leaving the airport as quickly as possible?


TSA's response? Of course. They are going to INVESTIGATE this dangerous person. Lesson: Never humiliate vengeful bureaucrats.

Motivation of My Filming of My TSA Encounter by John Tyner

No comments: