Total Pageviews

Friday, December 17, 2004

Another candidate for the Darwin Awards.

WFTV.com - News Of The Strange - Friend Killed On Dare After Bullet Pierces Protective Vest. Just unbelievably stupid.
I grew up in Northern Alabama. I grew up with guns. I have also been very very drunk at times (which I suspect in this case, I cannot conceive of a sober person doing this). Never never never never do the two (alcohol and guns) mix.
My own suspicion is that idiocy shootings like this come NOT from the proliferation of guns, but rather the opposite. Like I said, I grew up with guns. It was understood that there were clear rules for how you used them. They were potentially deadly, and you treated them with RESPECT. Many kids nowadays see the glamour and excitement and hoopla on TV, but have no actual experience with guns in their youth. They grow up and have an horror of them, as if they are some sort of handheld "Christine," or they have a stupid DISrespect for them....like this one.

No comments: