Total Pageviews

Friday, August 20, 2010

Obama and religion... Obama is a Muslim???

The WAPO has these headlines, saying that Obama is not very overtly religious. Christian people don't like this very much, it seems, at least the Christian people I hang out with. However, I think it is a good thing. Being religious in a public setting is often just a tool to gain your trust so they can stick it to you more effectively. It doesn't really bother me that O doesn't go to church........, especially when I consider the content of the sermons of the church he DID go to in Chicago.

Lots of speculation on O's religious views out there. For me, I care less about his personal religious views than the way he runs things, and I cannot for the life of me see why there is a fascination with this stuff. The idea that you can tell how a politician will govern from his professed religious views should be so dead that you need a coroner's inquest to dig it up, but people still cling to it.

As for my own views on Obama's religious convictions, I just think he is not very religious at all. Submission to Allah, Jehovah, Christ or whoever would demand that Obama's own ego be replaced as an object of worship. I don't see that happening at present. There is never space for more than one God in the room.

No comments: