Total Pageviews

Friday, September 17, 2010

MyDesk ▷ TheBullionDesk

Silver closing in on $21.00 per ounce.

I am thinking of starting an online silver business.

My own personal "stash" (assuming I had such a thing, and assuming it would be easy to go dig it up and assuming it was within easy driving distance to get to) is certainly not for sale. However, as prices rise, I am considering brokering some, as buying it in decent quantities over the last 10 years or so has introduced me to some decent sources. The other day I got a call from a guy who wanted to sell me 500 silver dollars (morgan and peace, none slick) for 17 dollars a piece, but I had to buy all of them at once. I declined, but with dollars going for 24-25 dollars a piece, I am thinking that maybe I should have bought them, flipped them for maybe 20 dollars a piece, and invested the rest in more silver. If I could use the business to assist my friends in putting together their own hedge against the coming financial tsunami, I would feel like I had done a good thing.

If I had a group of people who were interested in enhancing their own inventories, I might do so. I already have a skeleton corporation registered with the state of NC.

Please email me at eddie.gilchrist@gmail.com if

1) you think that might be a good idea, and
2) if you might be interested in using such a service to buy silver as an investment yourself.



MyDesk ▷ TheBullionDesk